Inland Seas Feis
What's a Feis?
Pronounced "feh-shh" it means "Irish Dance Competition.
The Inland Seas Feis is sanctioned by
the World Irish Dance Association (WIDA).
It is hosted by Emerald Dance Academy &
the Great Lakes International Booster Club, LLC.
I've never been to a feis. Help!
First Feis Questions and Answers
What level should I compete in?
- The same level as in class. If you are unsure, ask your instructor.
What should I wear?
WIDA costume requirements are
fairly specific and restrictive.
- Beginner dancers who are under the age of 15 (meaning they compete at age 14 or under) must wear a white polo shirt with the WIDA patch, and a dark green skirt and poodle socks (females) or black pants (males). There may not be any embellishments made to these items.
- Beginner dancers who are over the age of 15 may wear either a white polo shirt and a
solid-colored skirt (females) or black pants (males); OR the school costume.
- Primary and
Intermediate dancers who are under the age of 15 (i.e. they compete
at age 14 or under) must wear the beginner costume or their school costume.
- Dancers competing at age 14 or under in Beginners,
Primary and Intermediate competitions may only wear bun wigs in
competition. Full wigs are not allowed and may result in a dancer being
dropped from the top three of a result if this rule is not followed.
- Tiaras may be worn in
Primary & Intermediate competitions. No shoe buckles are
- For more details, click here.